Thursday, September 27, 2007

Pomodoro Sauce

This is a basic pomodoro sauce. I looked a recipe up on the net to get the ingredients then went off on my own into the kitchen. This is what I came up with. By the way, I added ground beef fried with onion flakes and rosemary to it, so if you like meat, it goes well with this sauce. Also, this basic sauce can be used to make Chicken Cacciatore. Just bake the chicken in the sauce in the oven until it's cooked.

For the meatless sauce, I used:

2 28 fl. oz./796 ml. cans diced tomatoes
About 2 tsp garlic powder
About 4 tbsp olive oil
About 2 tsp ground basil
About 2 tsp oregano
About 2 tsp of red pepper flakes (for a little kick)
Salt and pepper to taste

While the meat with onion flakes and rosemary were cooking I put all of the above ingredients in a large pot and brought it to a boil. I let it simmer about 5 minutes. I then added the cooked meat to it (optional) and let it simmer for another 15 minutes then served it with pasta and top with Parmesan cheese. How easy is that? Leftovers can easily be stored in the fridge or freezer.

No comments: