Saturday, October 27, 2007

Strawberries and Cream Sauce

I just bought Company's Coming 30 Minute Rookie Cook cookbook tonight and was leafing through it. I came across a few recipes I will definitely be trying. I found a couple that seemed very easy to make and sound divine. Needless to say, I'll probably be trying them this week :-) So here's the first one that sounds so simple and I bet will be delicious!

Ingredients:
  • 4 0z. softened cream cheese (I use light cream cheese)
  • 2/3 c. granulated sugar (I'll be using Splenda)
  • 1/2 c. milk
  • 1 1/2 tbsp. vanilla extract
  • 3 c. sliced fress strawberries (I'm sure Europe's Best frozen strawberries will be just as good!)

Preparation:

  • Beat cream cheese and sugar in a small bowl until smooth. Slowly add milk and vanilla, beating constantly, until sugar is dissolved. Put strawberries into a medium bowl. Spoon cream cheese mixture over top.
Makes about 4 cups.

No comments: