Monday, October 8, 2007

Elaine's Creamy Pasta Casserole

I was eying the contents of my pantry and fridge again and came up with this. I would have added canned peas, grape tomatoes, and peppers to it but didn't have any. I'll try to be as descriptive/accurate with the measurements but you know me... Not too keen on measurements. Here it is:

Ingredients:

  • 1 brick of cream cheese cut up into 10 even pieces (I use light cream cheese)
  • 1 large package of rigatoni (can be substituted with another chunky kind of pasta)
  • 1 can cream of chicken soup
  • 1 can cream of broccoli soup
  • 1 large can whole kernel corn (I drain and rinse it)
  • About 1 tbsp. garlic powder
  • About 3 tsp. parsley
  • About 1/2 c. milk
  • 3 cubed, cooked boneless skinless chicken breast (I had baked my chicken with the dry jerk rub sprinkled on top of it so it gives it a little kick)

Preparation:

  • Make the pasta as directed (do not overcook and do not rinse after it is cooked)
  • Add all ingredients to a large pot over a medium heat. Mix well and stir frequently to ensure nothing burns or sticks to the pot. Once the cheese has melted, serve. Add salt and pepper if desired.

No comments: